Friday, October 19, 2007

Through & Through

What does that mean? Well, it means that the next few cards I am going to show you are CLEAR!! I finally dragged my butt over to Staples and picked up a package of over head projector Transparencies. So this is the first style I tried with ink, I then quickly rushed out to Michaels to pick up some Stazon Ink because it turns out it DOES make a difference....lol I have not had a chance to play with the Stazon as the inlaws have been here and so my stampin time was neglected. Ok, so back to the card. Here it is. I used: The transparency (obviously) from Staples & Staples brand, I stamped image on transparency from Stampin' Up! Priceless. Now I used SU Classic Black and it took forever to dry and still smudges easily. From what I have read on my Favorite Blogs Stazon is what we need to be using as it stamps on NON POROUS surfaces (Metal, Plastic, Glass etc) So the I stamped the pointsetta from the same set in Purely Pomegranite. I also stamped another one and cut it out and layered it on top with a pewter brad from American Crafts in the Center. Then I stamped Merry Christmas from SU set "Season of Joy" in classic Black. I layered the whisper white onto handsome hunter c/s. I attached it using my tae runner (I love stampin' up but sometimes I have to go with affordability so I use glue runner from Ad Tech which you can get at walmart. a 2 pack refill is almost always on sale for $3.47 CDN) I also cut an additional peice of HH in the same size to add to the inside which covers up and sitings of Glue. LOL. So then I took a peice of whisper white (left blank) and backed it with Purely Pom using the transparency as a sandwich!!
Now that all that ramble is done let me just say......I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE stamping on TRANSPARENCIES!!! I am going t do a whole bunch more, only I will use the three new colors of Stazon Ink. I picked up the Jet Black, Timber Brown, Blazing Red!!! I really wish they had white though....cause I want to do snowflakes and have never seen them in those colors...hahaha.
Ok so until my next post (in like 10 minutes...lol) Fairwell. I leave you with 2 more picks that did last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment