Saturday, November 15, 2008

A Christmas Shaker

When I was in Calgary in August, Char gave me some of the sticky stuff squares that you can use to make shakers and can you believe I am only just trying it?? I love how it looks though so she may have got me addicted...hehe.
The base of this card is Basic Black from SU and then followed by Stamper's Select (PTI) and then Silver Shimmer (PTI). I embossed the silver Shimmer twice. Once with the snowflakes folder just a few inches at the bottom and then again just above that with the Swiss dots strip. I separated the two styles of embossing with last years SU Soft Sky In Color stitched ribbon.

Then I took a piece of scalloped square on board chipboard from SU and inked it black with a dauber, applied the thin sticky strip square to the back side and covered it with acetate. I then added the foam square sticky. Next I poured a small amount of fine glitter from Martha Stewart Crafts onto the acetate BEFORE peeling off the other side of the foam sticky. Then I took my already stamped square and applied it to the foam. Viola! I adorned it with 2 different styles of snowflakes...one is punched out with the marvy snowflakes punch and the top blue one is the felt flurries from SU.

Well that is all folks!! See ya again soon!

2 comments: