Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Scalloped Flowers

This card has many things I love. Pretty Pink Pattern Papers from Papertrey Ink, ruffled ribbon made from saddle stitch ribbon (PTI), and stamp sets that match perfectly. I entered this for the PTI GSS, wish me luck!!

I started this card with the standard size Stamper's Select Cardstock from PTI and added the 3 x 4 piece of floral pattern paper, which I inked around the edges with Spring Moss Exclusive Palette ink.

Then I cut a piece of c/s 4 x 2.25 and inked the entire thing with the moss ink, my solution for not having bought the spring moss paper. I will be fixing that with my April order.


Next I took my medium solid dot stamp from Polka Dot Basics and added spring moss to the centers of the circles on the pattern paper and adhered it to my card. After that I added a 1 inch strip of the dot paper.

Then I grabbed a 12 inch strip of the spring moss saddle stitch ribbon and pulled the white stitching to give my ribbon the ruffle. I fell in LOVE this look when I saw THIS card at the PTI Blog Hop. To stop it from straightening out I tied to 2 strands of white together and finishing arranging the ruffles. Then I attached it over the strip with tape runner.

For the "Scalloped Flower" I punched a Marvy Giga scalloped circle and a scalloped circle using my SU pinch. On the large scallop, I stamped the 2 different circle patterns from the Borders & Corners Circle set. I also stamped the "thinking of you" circle from that set in the spring moss and punched it out with the 1 1/4 punch. Then I layered the three pieces on the card. (after cutting off the bottom 3/4 inch of the large scallop) I used glue at the bottom of the scallops and then for some depth I added a dimensional to the tops and lightly bent in the scallops!

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Jewels! I love the ruffled ribbon and sentiment in the center like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there -- found your blog from the PTI forums -- love it! I just adore what you did with the ribbon on this card. I need to try that out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! It is wonderful, I love the way you've made the circle into a semi-circle if you know what I mean and the ruffled ribbon is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I have to try that with the ribbon! Love the card below too girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice card. Congrats on winning at PTI.
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jewels - I was awarded the Arte y Pico award this week by Barb Hardeman. The idea of the award is to pass it on to 5 other bloggers whom you think are creative and contribute a lot to the blogging community. So I am passing this award on to you because I think your work is amazing.
    Check out my most recent blog post.

    Hugs,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete