Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I Quit, I Quit, I Quit!!!

Smoking that is. After a disgusting 18 years of smoking (yes I am only 30 so insert ashamed face here) I have finally quit. My husband as well. He was visiting some guys her used to work with and he said hey lets go for a smoke and they all said nope we don't smoke. SO they told him about the book Allen Carr's easy way to stop smoking. He went and bought it, read it and quit as soon as he was done the book.
He came into my office and dropped the book on my desk and said I am done. I said oh you are done the book and he replied No I am DONE smoking! So I read the book finished it the following day and I am SO done as well. It is AMAZING that by the time you are done the book your desire to smoke is completely gone. No withdrawls, no crabbyness, no urge to eat and cause weight gain. Nothing but easy sailing. I have tried to quit many times before and never successfully I have NEVER quit until now!

So if you smoke....PEOPLE GO BUY THE BOOK ITS $20 and SO WORTH IT!!!! I have been quit for 7 days today and my DH for 9 days! Thanks for letting me share my accomplishment with you today!!

10 comments:

  1. WAY TO GO, JEWELS!!!!! Big hugs, huge kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing!!! I have never smoked so I can't say I get it but....that doesn't mean it isn't totally awesome that you did it!!!! You rock and keep up the will power!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! I just ordered it for myself and DH, we SO need to quit. I'll let you know how we do - getting him to actually READ anything is a chore, but I'm going to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats girl!!! What a wonderful thing to do for yourself and your family. And so great your DH also quit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you girl, you go! That must be tough, but stick with it! Your lungs will thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! That's awesome, I love hearing about "quitters". I'd love to know what magic is in that book! I'm not a smoker but know many who have tried and failed to quit in the past. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done you brave brave girl! I am going to share the article with a gf who has been trying to quit for ages - thank you for sharing your accomplishment :)
    Hugs from Cape Town!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG OMG OMG! Jewels I am so proud of you I could cry!! Yay Yay Yay!! When you come visit me you can tell me all about it. I would love to hear all about it. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Huge congrats to you, Jewels! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete