Friday, July 11, 2008

Loonie Stamper's Challenge #2

So a few things first, we now have a logo! It contains all four members names, the Maple leaf that represents Canada, cleverly done in the most gorgeous Papertrey Ink Perfect Match Colors! Do you Like?

Onto the Challenge at hand. This week was Regan's pick and she even provided us with a picture of inspiration. It was inspired by a dress she bought for Lola and happened to contain a bunch of PTI colors.




This is the color map for the challenge as well as a snippet of the dress. Berry Sorbet, Aqua Mist, Chocolate Chip, White, Spring Moss & Sweet Blush.

She also issued, in the challenge, that we may use any sentiments from any sets we choose. Here is the catch...No images.

Here is my Challenge Sample.


This card is a 5x5 for something a bit different! I chose to work with my Chocolate chip as a base, focal point matte and also in the ribbon & ink.

The focal point was done from a GREAT video tutorial which you can see here on Julie's Blog. After I was done the rose and attached it I added the distressed strips of perfect match card stock to the side of the card.

The eyelets I added as a last minute thought, however if I were to do it over I would put half back pearls there instead.

I hope you have enjoyed the second edition of the Loonie Stampers Challenge. Be sure to check out my partners in crime

Charlene - Willow & Paisley
Deanna - Dee's Paper Tree
Regan - Stampy McStamperson

My turn to pick is coming up and perhaps I will share what we might be up to next!! I guess you will have to come back and visit me to see. If anyone happens to "play along" with our challenge leaves us a comment with a link so we can check it out!!!

Card Supplies: SU Chocolate Chip card stock & ribbon, Papertrey Ink sweet blush, aqua mist, spring moss, berry sorbet card stock. PTI sweet blush Swiss dot ribbon, SU flat back pearl from pretties kit, Burnt Umber palette ink, Sentiments from Wedding Day set

5 comments:

  1. YIKES, this is my total fav card of all time- totally gonna borrow this idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome little flower! Fantastic and I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful!!! that flower is gorgeous!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Hanna! That rose is stunning. I love every single detail. Way to go girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just LOVE what you did with the rose!!! Gorgeous.

    And I played along...fun stuff. Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete