Thursday, February 7, 2008

Papertrey Ink Card with Volume!

The other day I had a special request, something pink, brown & flowery. Ok? hello...easy!! So I have been admiring a certain blogger and SCS member. Her cards are SO extravagant and filled with Love, time, effort and AMAZING overall "wow factor" You can check out her blog HERE. Amazing, truly.

So this is my version of that style, dialed down a lot. I mean I have patience and what not, but wow! I gasp every time I see one of here creations and can't imagine making cards like that. This card is as much Papertrey Ink Produt as I could have. I am so head over heels for them. BTW if you have not been checking out her blog for the daily updates & contests regarding there Anniversary Release February 14, 2008 midnight EST? Go now and check it out....Capture The Moment....ok wait until you finish reading and then go!

Using PTI Cardstock (the best...hello?) and I gave it a top fold. Then I plucked out my colors. I used SU Mellow moss & the pattern paper from SU Berry Bliss DSP. After giving them ticket corners and a little inking around the edges I wrapped sme Regal Rose 5/8 grosgrain ribbon in a knot. Then I stamped the sentiment in brown & Regal, attached with dimensionals.


Next I took out another sheet of PTI c/s and stamped the flowers and leaves from the Papertrey Ink Beautiful Blooms set. Then, then! my friends, I cut it all out, by hand, with a craft knife. Ok so a little drama, but really it wasn't as hard as I thought.I find lately it is way easier to use the craft knife then to try and swivel around a pair of scissors. After they were all cut out, I attached the leaves with some mini glue dots (SU!) then I "curled" the flower petals to add some volume to them, rather them have them laying flat. Then I used varying layers of dimensionals to attach all the flowers. Some of the big flowers have double deckers. Topped off rhinestone centers and that was a card almost 1.5 hours in the making! (well it was more like 3 having been interrupted by husband and children :)

And now a Stampin'Up Card...mostly!

So I have had this set sitting around forever and just didn't use it. I mean I made a few cards but nothing I remembered to photograph...lol. After whipping out the set again the other night to make baby shower invitations, my love for this set was rejuvenated!! his is the next step, and by no means the last, of my love for its many uses.

I started by taking my green pattern paper (which I have had so long that I have no idea where it came from...perhaps a stack?) anyway I punched the 1-3/8 in the upper left hand corner. After attaching it to my cardstock, I used my 1-1/4 punch to punch through the cardstock and have to line up perfectly. Let me tell you how many different ways I tried to make a window, they are definitely not my favorite style card to make. I then added my white cardstock to the inside and stamped my gator so just his head would be peeking out. To finish off that area of the card I used some of Stampin' Up!'s NEW striped blue grosgrain ribbon to tie a simple knot. Let me tell you my up-line, Heather, gave me some samples of ribbon to try out including this and it is already added to my next order. Thanks Heather! Back to the card, I used the scallop circle punch put my sentiment over top, added the eyelets and some faux stitching (my new fav!) and that's that folks.

5 comments:

  1. Jewels, this is beautiful! Great cutting and just such a gorgeous soft looking card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well thanks!! I am actually goin got attempt another one soon!! Maybe with more flowers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your PTI card is adorable! I love the colors you chose and how the flowers pop off the card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pink flower card is absolutely gorgeous. Beautifully pulled together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks again Julee!! That means a lot cóming from you. I really admire your work!

    ReplyDelete