Sunday, November 18, 2007

Simple Book

How cute is this? Well I am in love with this concept. Some simple plain coasters, combined with great paper from Stampin' Up! and a few more techniques and embellishments and VOILA!!! A great keepsake, or super special gift! You can see the original inspiration here on Nicole's Blog (Papertrey Ink)

I made this one for myself. Using the "Memories" stamp from the Define your life set, I thought That would perfect to use photos on the inside of m girls with my Dad (who passed away June 20 of this year) So anyway, the outside cover also uses the big flourish from the Baroque Motifs Set (my new favorite set) Then I have used some ribbon that I got at the local Dollar store and some prima flowers that I got from Paper Candy Productions. The paper is all Stampin' Up! Always Artichoke, Barely Banana & Designer Series Brocade Background.

To the right, is the inside when you first open it up. So the inside is done with the same papers. The stamp on the barely banana paper is embossed gold and accented with a rhinestone in the center. The stamp is from the Baroque Motifs set as well. The tan rbbon is just the basic ribbon available at Michael's.

This is the inside that folds out! I made mine with only enough room on the inside to have a journal spot and a picture. I will put a picture of my Dad & McKayla and on the other side I will do the same with Him & McKenzie. These fold outs I used the same papers as well as some Very Vanilla for the journal spots. I distressed the edges of the inner circle. I used the florish from the Season of joy set along the top and bottom using mellow moss ink. The brown matte is actually paper from the Designer Series Prints Close to Cocoa.

Supplies: SU Cardstock:Always artichoke, barely banana, close to cocoa, very vanilla. SU Designer Series paper: brocade background, prints close to cocoa. SU Ink:close to cocoa, mellow moss. Ribbons: misc from Dollar Store and scalloped edge from Michael's. Embellishments: gold emboss powder from stampendous (Michael's), prima flowers, rhinestones (Michael's), Foam Squares (dollar Store), Marvy Giga Scalloped Circle Punch, Marvy Mega Circle punch.


No comments:

Post a Comment