Friday, January 4, 2008

Cards and...

Still so very in love with the pinks & browns. On that note, I will get right to the cards! Why wait, "bust 'em out"! (btw, really not liking the fact that with vista and/or my laptop, when using any of the punctuation keys you have to press and then hit the space bar to get it to appear properly. If anyone knows of a way to turn this off please leave me a comment) Ok scatter-brained thoughts aside, here are my "fav" cards of the day.

This first card is my rendition of a card I spotted in the latest Card Creations Magazine. It captured my focus immediately as I was standing in the line-up of Safeway yesterday. All I could think of was getting home super fast so that I could amke and then never ended up making it until today...geesh! Typically, I don't do square cards so this one was a great starting point to a square collection. Once I did this one I couldn't stop and made 3 more!
Supplies: whisper white & rose red c/s, close to cocoa prints DSP, purely pomegranite classic ink all from Stampin' up! Stitches & sentiment stamp from the Faux Ribbon Papertrey Ink set. Dress em up buttons.

On the right, a card with so many things that I love. First of all the flourish stamp from Baroque Motifs. then the paper flowers, Martha's ribbon, a great rub on and of course the build a brad. What can be better then custom fitting any brad to any project? You get 24 in each tin and then you can decorate the tin, hello? Brilliant!!

Supplies: whisper white, rose red & pretty in pink c/s. Build a brad, basic brown classic ink all SU products. Paper flowers from Prima. Rub on sentiment & flower in brad from Scrapworks. Martha Stewart Ribbon.

K.I.S.S.! Nuff said. Ok well when do I ever leave anything at nuff said....um never. HA! I just liked the idea of a gift card, but for some reason this is what I came out with. I was actually meaning for it to be a card to put a gift card into but instead it morphed into a card that LOOKS like a gift. *Ooops* but I suppose I could still add a pocket inside or something.

Also, I will not mention the amount of time it took to do that stupid bow. for some reason it would NOT work for me. SO I fiddled and fiddled and finally just pulled it tight, about to say forget it and then realized it would be perfect if I gace the card a 90 degree turn. DUH! Blonde moment quota for the day achieved! *wink*

Supplies: Close to cocoa, whisper white, rose red & pretty in pink c/s. Basic Gray classic ink from Stampin' Up! Sentiment stamp from Hero Arts February clear set. Heart brads from Making Memories. ribbon from michaels.

Last Card. My DH said this one was his favorite and with good reason. What reason i'm not sure it just seemed like the right thing to say. I'm sure most of the time he does the "Smile & Nod" quickly say some random thing and she will go away...haha.
Forever and a day ago, I got the SCS weekling inkling in my inbox and it had the Split Negative Tutorial and I have wante to try it out. Now I finally did and I am hooked! If you haven't tried it yet, you possitively have to. SO GO! Drop whatever you are doing and go grab all you favorite stamps & paper and get it done!! haha "those with perfectly clean homes don't stamp enough" Wow i'm crazy tonight. Need Sleep.
Supplies: whisper white & pretty in pink c/s, basic brown & real red classic ink, white craft, baroque motifs & NEW mark the date (little heart) stamp sets, dimenisonals all SU! Heart punch ?, sentiment from G Studio, Martha Stewart Ribbon.
That's all Folks! No, not porky pig but what the heck its late and clearly, I need sleep! I leave you this fine....morning with my plans for tomorrow. I am going to make a page for tracking the 12 x 12 layouts I do. Confused? Check back tomorrow sometime I will explain it.
So long, farewell, alvetazane (sp), good bye! LOL Darn Sound of Music.
~Jewels

1 comment:

  1. Oh My WOW. All of these are FAB.

    Jewels...you need to add your blog link to your signature on SCS so more people can find these wonderful creations!

    ReplyDelete