Monday, January 7, 2008

I like "U" a Latte

So I was blog hoppin'one day and found some GREAT cards. I just HAD to try this one out and boy I am glad that I did. This is pretty much the first card I have cased almost exact to the original card. But really? this card didn't need to look any other way and it just so happened I had all the EXACT papers used to create this card. Taylor's (Taylored Expressions) Creations are spectacular and being a coffee lover myself I had to give it a go. Taylors Fabulous Coffee Lover's Set can be seen by clicking the link.
The only differenc eI did have, I thought I grabbed the right stripey paper but I didn't. Very close but not exactly, silly because I do have the exact stripey paper. However, I did use the opposite side of that exact stripey paper to stamp the coffee on. The only other thing I did was I made a mix of instant coffee and clear e.p. and used close to cocoa craft to make the card scented. I didnt have the blue & polka dot paper so I skipped straight to the ribbon. But overall, a SUPER card. Thanks for Sharing Taylor!

Be sure to have a peek into Taylor's Blog for some more great inspiration!!

Supplies: "Like it a Latte" Stamp set, Real red, chocolate chip, whisper white c/s. close to cocoa craft, real red, basic brown classic ink. Stamp a ma jig, dimensionals, daubers, clear e.p. all from Stampin' Up! Pattern Paper: basic Grey Blush Eternity & Crush, My Mind's Eye Bohemia Blossom/light pink. Brown polka dots ribbon by dashes dots & checks, Blue ribbon from spool 'o ribbon, liquid applique, instant coffee.

Speaking of Coffee.... I had some visitors to my house today. I have known Diana & her husband Bil for almost 10 years now, we met at none other then the Coffee Shop in our local mall. Turns out now that we live less then a block away from each other. Anyway, I do all her creative Design stuff, for instance I did all her daughters wedding invitations, rsvp cards, programs, wine bottle labels, and a wedding scrapbook album. Well now I am retouching some photos and helping Bill compile some other things to do books on a complete Family history. (like 10 of them) They came over today for coffee while I finished printing up the first 20 8 x 10 photos all retouched & restored. Well! they walk in the door with this......>>>> All I have to say is YUMMY!!! A beautiful (huge) Basket full of specialty coffee, chocolates, flavoured coffee syrups, biscotti and a tin of danish cookies.....mouth. watering. must get cookie now! Ha ha, yeah I have one more thing to say, Diana & Bill...if you are reading (which you better be) Thanks for the lovely basket, the wonderful visit and McKayla says "Hi"
I am off to bed now, my goal for today was to be in bed by 1:00 am and it is slightly past...oops. G'nite.
~Jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment