Friday, January 18, 2008

It's Her Birthday!!

Ok so it's McKayla's Birthday although ruined by a nasty cold, she is still having fun today. She is currently in my Design Room whipping up her latest cards for a "card making Birthday party" Hmmm... I dont recall when we said we were going to do that? But perhaps in the near future. LOL. She also said to me this morning "Mommy, I really wish Grampa Pat was here to see me turn 4, he wouldn't believe how big I growed since he died" AWWWW!! Break my heart.

So in honour of my wonderful Daughter's birthday I thought I would share with you another SUPER CUTE project that has her in it!!

This is the inside of a tiny hinged lid tin. I think the size is approximately 2.5 x 3.5 (or something like that) SO I took a piece of 8.5 x 11 cardstock and cut it lengthwise and then I scored it at points small enough that when folded up it would fit in the tin. I also had to round the corners to make that happen. I used a Papertrey Ink Stamp Set, Limitless Labels from last months release, to decorate and make backgrounds. On the front I did a little bit of masking in order to have a border. The leaf pattern is one of the stamps that also fit perfectly with the avery labels, this is just an alternative way to use them. I then made a little pocket to fit the "hugs & KISSES" tag. The next picture is my youngest daughter, McKenzie & the third page (on the right) is McKayla.
This is what I did to the outside of the tin. To start with I cut a piece of paper to fit over the lid, next I stamped the design from another label stamp over and over. The great thing is this: the stamps are clear!! Hello! this makes it SUPER easy to match up the pattern and make a constant pattern. That girl is a GENIUS! Next I wrapped the tin with the wide Chocolate Chip satin ribbon from SU, sadly retired :( Then a took a naked chipboard letter and covered it in white craft and also coated it with white e.p. I stamped the "mine" from the same set. Added a little flower and rhinestone and there you have it. I was actually planning on adding to the backs of the inside pages and giving it to my mom so I added a few Chocolate Mint Andes Chocolates, of course decorated to match and it all fits in the tin! I think I may have to make another one for my MIL.

Supplies: Papertrey Ink Stamp et "Limitless Labels", Tin ?? from LSS, Andes chocolates, chipboard letter from MM?, prima flowers. White e.p. Stampin' Up!: whisper white, chocolate chip, pretty in pink c/s, choc. chip, purely pom, white craft ink. Choc chip ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment