Tuesday, October 9, 2007

From B & W To Colour

This card turned out so cute!! I love this fun little snowman from SU's Merry & Bright set in the current mini. I also have fallin in love with all the cards using the faux stitching and just HAD to try some. So here it is. I used whisper white cardstock as a base, sky blue for the cardfront layer and always artichoke fr the filmstrip. Of course for the filmstrip look I used the spiral punch (also one of my new fav's) Then I used the 1 1/4 circle punch and punched out the circles on either end. The I put whisper white behind and stamped the 2 snowmwn just in basic black. I stamped a 3rd snowman on whisper white and punched it out using the 1 3/8 circle, mounted it on a sky blue 1 1/4 circle and then mounted it on the scallop cirle punch in always artichoke. Then I watercolored the snowman a little, including the bottom part of the snowman circle witha little sky blue (hard to see in the picture) then I used a 3-d foam square to mount right in the center. I then stamped the Warm Wishes sentiment from the Hugs & Wishes set using Always artichoke ink. o do the faux stitching I used a ruler to drw the white lines and then went over it with the perferating wheel from the Making Memories distressing Kit. VOILA!!! Done & I think I absolutely have to do this card some more with a variety of different images.....TFL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment