Wednesday, October 24, 2007

It's All So Clear Now!!!

LOL Sorry I couldn't resist the pun! So here is my latest creation...oh ok, I cased it from SCS but then I changed it a bit. I can't remember who did the card on SCS but thanks!! I changed it by doing the card on a transparency (or also known as acetate ;) So anyway, I used my Timber Brown Stazon ink (yummy smell) to stamp snowflakes from the set The Snowflake Spot (Stampin'Up!) While that was drying I cut my layers of paper. Very Vanilla cut to 2.25 x 3 inches x 2 pieces, Chocolate Chip cut to 2.5 x 3.25 inches, Purely Pomegranite cut to 2.75 x 3.5 inches.
Then I stamped on the very vanilla layer around the edges with the same snowflake using the Purely Pom Classic ink. Happy holidays in the center from the Warest Regards set. I lightly added the snow flurries from the Snowflake Spot set in close to cocoa. Next I sponged around the edges with the close to cocoa ink...creating a bit of an oval window for the sentiment. I attached it to the front then added the brown to the other side. Next I did the second piece of the very vanilla and the purely pom on the back.
Layering like that seems t provide a nice evn balance tot he card, giving it the stability to stand up! Last but not least I finished of the card with ribbon tied around the fold int a simple knot. The ribbon I used is a burgandy sheer ribbon made by sheer creations, which I bought at scmichael's......err I mean Micheal's. (yeah thereis a story to that but we will save that fr another day) So until later....toodle ooooo! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment